Friday, March 6, 2015

Taxi Ride Tonight

Children stopping 
to stare at us while we were waiting for our taxi

Children laughing 
dressed in school uniforms past dinner time walking downtown in and out of bodas screeching down the crowded streets

Children holding
Naked babies outside the street market place 

Children playing 
Futbol on a dirt field intensely without shoes 

Children standing
In the sewer ditches, smiling

Children greeting
Us with a handshake and a curtsy when we arrived back to our guest house

My now adult children helping me once again to see past the extraordinary circumstances I'm not used too seeing everyday by smiling through it all and 

Offering children
The love of Christ and homemade cookies. 

"Let the little children come to me..."
"Whosoever offers these little ones a cup of water in my name..."

JESUS loves
The little children, all around the world
And so do I.

1 comment:

  1. This may sound cliche, but when you speak with your eyes it's as if I'm there. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete