Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Friends

New friends today in Uganda.
New friends to greet with smiles and open arms.
New friends to worship alongside to new songs and new rhythms.
New friends living in new places about the city.
New friends to hold hands and pray for and with.
New friends standing up amongst the believers to preach about the new, tender mercies of God.
New friends exhorting new mommies to good works to nourish their babies with great care and safety.
New friends who radiate Christ and simply love others, not for applause or recognition but because they are His.  
New friends to smile with and laugh with and be grateful for--
New mommy expecting her new fourth baby, extending her hands to me asking in her heavy accent if I will be her new friend.
"Yes, I would love too."
"And them? I want them to be my new friends too, please" as she points to my best friends who I once was pregnant with and praying for before I ever knew their faces, my all grown up daughters,
"Yes, and of course," I reply, "they would love to be your new friends too."

Thankful for Friends of God and Friends of mine, everywhere. 

"A friend loveth at all times..."

1 comment:

  1. So so great to meet you! Happy you're making Kampala your home for awhile !!

    ReplyDelete